Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I Will Not Die and Unlived Life~ Dawna Markova

I am writing today with the intention of posting to the Deep Peace Wellness blog for the first time. I have never read a blog nor written one. Yet, the opportunity to reflect on my journey and share those reflections seems attractive to me.

I can't find the email in which Erin asked Jodi and I to write but I think she asked us to write about what has been motivating and sustaining us throughout the past summer. Keeping it simple I want to share a few thoughts which have been stimulated by a quote I have been carrying from Dawna Markova in her book “I will not die and unlived life” . She says- “I need to give my attention to the simple things that give me pleasure with the same fervor I have been giving it to the complex things with which I drive myself crazy.”

How much time do I spend on a daily basis rehashing the same obsessive thoughts and ideas? Do I come up with any original ideas? Do I come up with any concrete actions? Much more likely, I come up with nothing other than reinforcement for the tension in my shoulders.

Markova's words challenge me to ask myself -what is juicy in my life? What is there that gives me pleasure? Daring to ask these questions of myself I open to the possibility of new ideas, maybe even dangerous actions. Dangerous in the sense that they may take me out of my everyday obsessive, compulsive, you can't make me enjoy my life rut!

Care to join Gary in the challenge? Let us know what comes forward for you...

No comments: