Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hands that shape humanity


Ok, I admit it; I've fallen for Archbishop Desmond Tutu. It all started when Bono sang about of him. I thought, "Who is this guy? If Bono feels the need to sing about him then I want to know more!" Thank you, Bono.

Then years (dare I say a decade) later, I was looking at pictures of Dr. Emoto's water crystals and I found the photo of the word Ubuntu (a previous blog.) When I googled Ubuntu, Desmond Tutu's name came up. My interest was piqued again.

Later, I'm searching through the Iconoclast series (Sundance Channel) and I see there's an episode with Desmond Tutu and what's his name (Richard Branson, a really incredible guy too). I watched and was captivated by Desmond Tutu. He is playful, joyful, and so cute, and I just want to hug him! He lives his truth. He lives the art of letting go, while living intentionally, responsibly, and for the greater good of everyone! He's got it goin' on!

Tonight I decided to google Desmond (so much better than TV), which led me to http://www.handsthatshapehumanity.org/. This is one of the most incredibly beautiful, artistic, and fun positive intent project I've seen. Their message displayed reads "If there is only one message of wisdom you could leave behind for humanity, what would it be?" Hmmm, thought provoking.

I invite you all to ponder this question and the word Ubuntu this holiday season. Consider giving your time, attention, and love. The most precious gifts aren't objects. Recession can never include acts of kindness or Ubuntu. In fact, the more Ubuntu you give, the more there is! What an exciting thought!

I hope you all give plenty of Ubuntu this year and catch the Tutu fever!

In peace,

Jodi

No comments: