Saturday, October 4, 2008

What I learned from my mom





I'm a lucky girl. My mom, (Mama Mary) and our friend, Vesna (mom #2) came to visit last week. We had such a great time relaxing in Duluth.
Things I've learned from my mom:
Unconditional love, Conditional love, Beauty, Grace, Strength, Open-mindedness, Organization, Strong work ethic, Loyalty, Importance of family, How to play Yahtzee, How to enjoy life no matter your circumstances, When to speak your mind, When to bite your tongue, Deep appreciation for Neil Diamond, Not so deep appreciation for the movie Out of Africa, Deep love of popcorn, How to play fun games with kids, How to pull pranks on friends, How to be a good friend, How to be responsible, How to drive, How to bake cookies, How to make Taco Salad (Catalina dressing is a must), How to thoroughly enjoy a day at the beach, How to face my fears (like needles!), How to make people happy when they're sad, How to be clever, How to dye my hair, How to wear makeup, How to second hand shop and look good, How to ride a bike, How to smell good, How to dress up like a witch for Halloween (cotton balls under tights are essential), she loves me no matter how many tattoos I get, She loves me and accepts me for who I am.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

you didn't mention a deep love for garlic rolls, I LOVED THIS POST, it's perfect, I love you....and mom too!